Nice read along guide with discussion ideas
Author info and some cool activity ideas such as
- Language Arts ~ write a story of their own adventure with a “Wild Thing.”
- Physical Ed. ~ Bring music to class and have a “Wild Rompus”
- Science ~ Grow wild thing grass in cup
Great cross-curricular ideas such as
- Language Arts ~ discuss how wild things change...becoming less scary etc...
- Math ~ grouping/sorting wild things by attributes (tails, horns, etc)
- Geography ~ Introduce concept of Island.
Would love to take this opportunity to introduce the Montessori imaginary island (although I am still not sure how to best create this....any suggestions????)
Practical Life ~ Wild Thing Pillows (Would obviously need help with this one!)
Finish up the unit with a celebration serving...
Chicken Soup with rice and several other goodies as found in
The Fairy Tale Cookbook: Fun Recipes for Families to Create and Eat Together and of course wearing jammies and crowns!