Thursday, February 12, 2009

Montessori Monday



Well, I do know the day, but for organization sake let's just go with it! Been a crazy week or so...


We are working on addition right now! Along with the traditional Montessori Addition works like the Addition Strip Board and Snake Game, I created a more traditional classroom work for Josh. Since we are planning on sending him to a traditional Kinder. I am easing him in Montessori style. The blue items in the dish are just the glass rocks you can find at any store in the garden area. I picked ours up at the thrift store. I then printed the adorable flash cards off from 1+1+1=1. (a great blog by the way! Especially for Momma's of toddlers!)
Here is a quick pic of the work set up. Have you all put together any new trays lately or done any cool Montessori inspired activities? Feel free to leave your link in the comment section and join Koko's Mama and I for Montessori Mondays!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Love your tray and button work. By the way, how did you do your continent folders?

Shannon said...

I used Jo's and a few other things. Here is a link to my post about it!
http://sjbacb.blogspot.com/2008/07/geography-planning.html

Happy Valentine's day!