Monday, July 27, 2009
Hmmm, I kind of think he gets the concept a bit better than I do!
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Monday~ Buffalo Wild Wings out with friends!
Tuesday~ Lemon Pepper cheesey chicken sandwich-yum (make extra chicken!)
Wednesday~ Egg in a Hole with leftover bacon from Tuesday's sandwich. TS Party for me!
Thursday~ Spaghetti and meatballs on the side.
Saturday~ Extra leftover Lemon pepper chicken from Tuesday and Half Baked potatoes.
Sunday~ Hot Dogs...A's favorite! I might do some roasted potatoes just to use up some of our potatoes and to make it a little more...uh...Shannon friendly!
Have a great week everyone!
Check out the other menus at http://orgjunkie.com/!
Friday, July 24, 2009
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Uh...so? How does that teach you cursive????
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
Silly question! Of course I want you to send me an entirely free rug and allow me to share my opinion with my friends. It was way harder of a task than I anticipated however. I had to choose from thousands of rugs! Their selection is UNBELIEVABLE!
I just loved this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, and that is only a sample of the kid's rugs I was interested in. I drooled over the regular rugs as well!
Obviously, I picked this gorgeous United States Map rug pictured above. I knew we would love it but I have to admit that I was pretty shocked by how nice it actually turned out to be! Let me share why...
- Company~ csnrugs was extremely helpful and willing to work with me throughout the entire "negotiating process." The rug arrived very fast and I was super impressed with the packaging...don't you just hate the way some companies wrap and pack and waste so much! Not with csnrugs it was just protected with a bit of plastic and labeled!
- Texture~ This rug is much softer than I expected. We have other Children's rugs and they are often rough. But this rug is actually soft enough to lay/lean on, even with my sensitive red head skin!
- Size~ It is a large 3'3'' x 4'10''. Nice big rug! Great to throw in a bedroom, playroom, or learning room. I would have even loved this for my classroom when I still taught. It is big enough for a group to gather around!
- Clean up~ Okay...I admit it, just in case you are wondering, if the rug gets vomited on it cleans up very easily. The stain came right out with a clorox (the trees are dying!!! the guilt!) wipe!
- Quality~ Bright bold colors, great size, soft to the touch and even cleans up easily!
Oh and they have an ENTIRE line of educational rugs!
So, are you wondering how we are using ours?
I quickly printed off some State cards that include the name and outline of all the states (also cards with each state capital but we set those aside for now). We are currently matching the abreviations with the names. I also plan to pull out the state quarters to match and the cards that contain all the state info, like these under State nomenclature. Oh yeah, and I might just let him drive a car along the road too!
We love our new rug and if you are in the market yourself, please check out my new friends at http://www.csnrugs.com/ they will treat you right and are sure to have just what you need!
Sunday, July 19, 2009
We loved it!
Saturday, July 18, 2009
The rest of our vacation has been really great though! ...even the weather!
We had a ton of fun and are now exhausted and pretty much ready to go back to our "regularly scheduled programming."
We decided this year to just jump on the stay cation bandwagon and try and save a bit of money. So we played tourists in West Michigan...mostly. If you are local...or just interested...we...
- Drove to the Detroit area. Ate at the Rainforest Cafe (Josh's fave place from our last vacation), visited Andrew's family, and (of course) went to Ikea. Fun time!
- On the way home, we headed to Binder Park Zoo, one of our favorite local zoos...the Africa area is amazing!
- Tuesday was our 11th wedding anniversary. We headed to Lake Michigan/Duck Lake and had a great day at the beach. Duck lake is great for young families because the water is warm where Lake Mi stays pretty cold.
- We took a day off from our day tripping and caught the newest Harry Potter Movie! Josh even dressed up as HP for the movie.
- Thursday found us back on the road as we headed to Michigan Adventure Amusement Park. Fun but sheesh...so expensive!
- Friday we were so tired, we caught a few garage sales and just took it easy. We had a sitter in the evening to celebrate our anniversary but just ended up getting takeout and watching a movie at home.
- Today, we had a graduation open house with my extended family...nice to catch up with everyone, but like I mentioned, sure could have been warmer.
Right now Josh is reading a Magic School Bus book to Andrew and then heading up to bed. I have a TON of house related things to do...(read, my house is trashed because I refused to clean on vacation!). I also, have several blog posts to write...including a review of a super cute rug. Talk to you all after I dig a path through this mess!
Thursday, July 16, 2009
The Fairy Tale Cookbook: Fun Recipes for Families to Create and Eat Together by Sandre Moore
The recipes are all based on different famous children's books. Everything from Where the Wild Things are to Alice in Wonderland. And they are intended for families to make together! The directions are really great with breakdowns of what you could let the kiddos do...oh and the recipes are for real food for real meals that you can actually make and eat. Like I said...it is AMAZING and is definitely being added to my wishlist!
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Cut and Paste Caterpillar! on our cover. I did cut this one out, it was the last activity and Josh was finished...WINK!
Days of the week cards
Book Sequencing cards
What's the Shape Book and many other ideas!
Size sequencing cards
I am so sorry but I can not find where I downloaded these cards! (It was in 2007) If you or someone you know made them, please leave me a comment so I can give you credit! These are really beautiful and I would love to share them!
How to draw a caterpillar!
Butterfly grid work
Monday, July 13, 2009
Thursday, July 09, 2009
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Caterpillars eating and eating and eating!
Caterpillars preparing for Pupa Stage!
Sunday, July 05, 2009
This week is normal except we are beginning our Staycation on Friday! Still not sure what that means as far as meal planning...
If we were actually going somewhere, we generally stay in places with a small fridge. My husband is a Type 1 Diabetic and it is just easier with small children. So anyway we eat breakfast in our room, eat lunch out, and do sandwiches or similar for dinner.
Monday~ Pad Thai (Frozen...giving it a try...)
Tuesday~ Cream cheese Crockpot Chicken So yummy!
Wednesday~ 4th of July Leftovers -Hot dogs & Beans/Mac 'n' cheese. Also our neighbor's ice cream social!
Friday~ Chicken Parmesan
Saturday~ Out for My Dad's Birthday...not sure where yet!
Sunday~ Out for MIL's bday @ Rainforest Cafe (Josh is too excited!)
So, I just realized that every week I say it is a normal week but then go on to show it is hardly just eating normally. Or...maybe that is normal for us....
We do have EVERY family birthday in the summer (except mine!)! So, right now 2 birthday dinners this week feels normal!
Go to http://orgjunkie.com/ for TONS of Menu Plan Monday!