I am totally lazy...especially during the Winter. Living in Snow up to your you know what Michigan just makes me want to stay in PJs all day and watch movies. But I can't or at least I shouldn't so instead I have to make....err I mean motivate myself to join the living...
This is a super simple task during Advent because I just make an Advent calender to give us at least one special activity to do every day. I keep these pretty simple and with minimal ingredients or I will just find an excuse not to do it!
So anyway...here is our list...
- Write list for Santa
- Cinnamon and applesauce ornaments http://sjbacb.blogspot.com/2008/12/ornament-ideas.html
- Visit Santa at the mall
- Set up Josh's Nativity http://www.fisherprice-littlepeople.com/
- Paper chain for Josh's bedroom tree or maybe http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/TheCraftyCrow/~3/475437202/pom-pom-garland.html
- Fireplace, movie, popcorn night
- Set out the race track with Daddy and race cars
- Sew stocking http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/christmas/paperstocking/index.shtml
- Paper snowflakes
- Foam Frames
- Play in the snow and come in for some Hot Vanilla (Josh hates chocolate!) http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50502
- Hand print tree or wreath http://just4funwithsandy.blogspot.com/2008/11/we-made-christmas-trees-with-our-hands.html
- Activity with Daddy
- Watch the Polar Express
- Make Crystal Snowflakes http://www.recipegoldmine.com/crafts/crystal-ornaments.html
- Make new ornaments for our tree http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/TheCraftyCrow/~3/475437202/pom-pom-garland.html
- Paper strip ornaments http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/2008/12/sent-in-by-you.html
- Make Snow trail Mix http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50520
- Put up Josh's Bedroom Tree
- Gingerbread houses with graham crackers
- Watch the Grinch and Eat popcorn
- Make Christmas cookies
- Decorate a white felt stocking
- Open presents from Mommy's Aunts and Uncles!
So, anyway, I just type these all up and print them on paper strips and stick them in this tree shaped drawer system. I found it last year when I was in the check out at Target. We have a Starbucks in ours and I saw the tree and knew I had to have it for Josh. I had been drooling over one of those really expensive wooden ones for awhile but this works great and I saved a ton of money! But really you could just make a paper chain like this easy but adorable idea!
Enjoy your holiday season!