Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We LOVE the Library!

We got some great picture books out this week so I thought I would share.

We Both Read: My Town by Sindy McKay We love these books! They are really nice for new readers. They have a parent's page and Child's page side by side so you both take turns reading! The stories are decent and this one in particular is nice because it helps introduce maps and map making.

Where's My Mummy? by Carolyn Crimi Josh just loves all things Halloween so this is a cute choice. It is a nice story following the common theme of getting lost and found by your Mommy.

Ten Gallon Bart by Susan Stevens Crummel This is an adorable tale about a dog who stands up for his town. The towns people also come through in the end and stand together against a bully. Cowboys and friendship...what more do you want from a story!

Finally, my current favorite...
Uno's Garden by Graeme Base An amazing counting book with a lovely "take care of our earth" message! The counting can be as simple (1-10) or as complex (multiplication) as your child requires... so fun for kids of all ages. Typical Graeme Base illustrations~ simple amazing! FUN FUN FUN!

We are also reading the Magic Tree House Series ~ which are the best chapter books I have read in years! They are fun, educational, and extremely interesting. Andrew and I are as caught up in the stories as Josh. I would highly recommend these to anyone looking for a chapter book!

2 comments:

Heather H said...

We love Uno's garden too!

Shannon said...

I just love all Graeme Base's books!