A “Michigander” friend sent me these. You may have seen them before, but in case you haven’t…..
1. If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 18 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in Michigan .
Never have been Ice fishing but know many who do!
2. If you're proud that your region makes the national news 96 nights each year because Pellston is the coldest spot in the nation, you might live in Michigan .
Proud? Not really, just happy we live nowhere near Pellston!
3. If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through March, you might live in Michigan .
So true! All our ice cream places close from Nov. to March!
4. If you instinctively walk like a penguin for five months out of the year, you might live in Michigan .
Five months is under estimating! We can easily have snow on & off from Nov. to April.
5. If someone in a store offers you assistance, and they don't work there, you might live in Michigan .
This is a Michigan thing? Why? Are people not kind in other states? That can not be true! By the way, I do this all the time myself!
6. If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead, (or at the top of his ankles) you might live in Michigan .
Ugh...So true, so true!
7. If you have worn shorts and a coat at the same time, you might live in Michigan .
Not since college, but yep, done that!
8. If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, you might live in Michigan .
Have not counted, but likely. Once again though, is this different in other states?
9. If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in Michigan .
I do not get this one!
Part 2 - You know you're a true MICHIGANDER when . . .
1. "Vacation" means going up north on I-75
Two years ago...to the UP!
2. You measure distance in hours.
2 hours to Detroit!
3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
We hit a couple once, several years ago. Sooo scary!
4. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
Ever heard the saying, "If you do not like the weather just wait 15 minutes." They were talking about MI!
5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.
A bit of an exaggeration! It IS scary, but yeah, I could do it...and have!
6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings).
7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
Not anymore, but definitely growing up it was like that!
8. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.
9. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
It also works to buy it big. This year was not too cold but it rained! Dressed Josh in long underwear under his costume!
10. D riving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
So not funny because is totally true! I have a t-shirt that says "Welcome to Michigan" and has a picture of a traffic barrel.
11. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.
12. You can identify a southern or eastern accent.
13. Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.
Not us but you do see these alot!
14. You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age.
Aware, but there is an awful lot of underage drinking. Not everywhere though?
15. Down South to you means Ohio .
It is South!
16. A brat is something you eat.
Like a hot dog, but bigger. Sausage like.
17. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole barn.
Many farms still in MI!
18. You go out to fish fry every Friday.
Did not know this was an exclusive MI thing?!
19. Your 4Th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.
I do remember a 4Th when I was an early teen when it hailed!
20. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
21. You find 0 degrees "a little chilly."
22. You drink pop and bake with soda.
People on the Detroit side of the state often call it soda. We actually do too!
23. Your doctor tells you to drink Vernor's and you know it's not medicine.
Never heard of a DR doing this.
24. You can actually drink Vernor's without coughing.
Can't everyone...it is just ginger ale.
25. You know what a Yooper is.
Person from the Upper Peninsula.
26. You think owning a Honda is UN-American.
Whatever...I drive a Subaru. Gotta have 4 wheel drive with all our snow and pot holes!
27. You know that UP is a place, not a direction.
See # 25.
28. You know it's possible to live in a thumb.
Or any other part of your hand.
29. You understand that when visiting Detroit, the best thing to wear is a Kevlar vest.
They are really trying to clean up Detroit. It is much better! Cleaner and safer!
30. You actually understand these jokes, and you forward them to all your Michigan friends.
I get most of them but I honestly can not imagine that these are Michigan exclusive things. What do you think?
Born and raised, lived all my life, in Michigan!
9 hours ago