Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Teacher gifts



I taught for several years and received an array of different gifts for Christmas and my Birthday. It always shocked me how very generous people are to virtual strangers. I mean, yes I was their Child's teacher but often I saw the parents only at Conferences and occasionally at drop off or pick up time.






With Christmas approaching, I wanted to come up with a gift idea for Josh's playgroup teachers at Enchanted Forest. These women are incredibly kind and seem quite fond of the little man, so I really wanted to come up with something that would show our gratitude. (& not break the bank!)

To do this, I thought back on all the lovely gifts I was given over the years. And honestly, although I was often blown away a bit by the more expensive gifts. The ones I liked the most and carry the best memories are the handmade ornaments etc... that the parents helped the children make. I have a cute little ceramic box that was painted by a student, a tiny birdhouse that a young boy adhered pebbles to, and many ornaments for my tree that they took the time to make for me.



So...Josh and I made Christmas tree ornaments for everyone this year, including his teachers. I also made a quick batch of delicious fudge all tucked nicely in small Christmas boxes that I purchased at the dollar store. Not an expensive gift but hopefully they will feel the love behind it and have a bit of brightness in their day because of it!
Shannon

No comments: