Tuesday, September 02, 2008

How We Made it Work for US!



Josh received this set of Wedgits for his 3rd Birthday! He was thrilled and used them right away. However...since then he barely touches them. This has been really frustrating me because I thought he would love them and to be honest....I do. I often choose to work with them.

So...anyway, I was hesitant to buy the design cards because I was afraid they would squelch his creativity. But, a few weeks ago, I found them at my favorite local toy store for 20% off. I grabbed them and I tell you friends...I am SO glad I did.

He loves them! He builds the cool stuff from the cards and then plays creatively with his creation. He puts the little white pieces inside and pretends they are guys for his rocket ships etc...

So...how we made it work for us? We gave Josh a little inspiration for his creativity!

I am hoping to do a semi-regular post about adaptations we have made that have helped. Hope you enjoy our ideas.

2 comments:

MerrandaVK said...

That looks like a great set!!! Isn't it funny how sometimes you think they'll TOTALLY gravitate to something and then they don't?? All goes to show you gotta have flexibility and try to present things differently...

Shannon said...

Gosh...ya just never can tell!