Vitamins (We use either, depending on sale, coupons, availability, etc...
- Waffles~ I buy the frozen nutri-grain storebrand variety! Like these ~ Eggo Nutri Grain Waffles,Whole Wheat, 10-Count Boxes (Pack of 12)
- Cereal~ Cheerios, Chex, Rice Krispies (Often mixed together)
- Raisins or other fruit
- French Toast
- Toast (often with Peanut Butter and/or Jelly ~ Simply Fruit or store brand version)
Lunch/Dinner Normal lunch/dinner items! Just be careful of items like...
- Cheese (often contains dye especially american slices)
- Jelly (see above Simply Fruit link)
- Macaroni and Cheese (Blue Box packet type has dye!) (Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, White Cheddar, 7.3-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 24) does not have DYE!) Another favorite is Annie's Homegrown Classic Macaroni & Cheese, 6-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)
- Drinks! Watch "juice" boxes, avoid Kool-aids, even Lemonades!
- Crackers can be difficult too! (Goldfish, saltines, Ritz are all good!)
- As always READ the labels!
Snacks/Treats The Hardest by far!
- Stretch Island Fruit Company Original Fruit Leather 48 Piece Variety Pack (we have bought at Costco for MUCH less but have not been able to find recently!)
- YummyEarth Organic Lollipops, Assorted Flavors, 150-Count Container
- Clif Kid's Organic Twisted Fruit Variety - 24ct
- Florida's Natural Assorted Nuggets, 8-Count, 0.6-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)
- Pepperidge Farm Cheddar Goldfish - 4.1lbs
- Other Crackers as mentioned in lunches!
- Cheese but BE CAREFUL! String cheese is often fine!
- Animal Crackers
- Crackers with Peanut Butter (Spread your own!)
- Earth's Best Sunny Days Snack Bars, Apple, 5.3-Ounce Units (Pack of 6)
- Graham Crackers
Josh drinks Milk or Water! Rarely, we give him juice but it is a treat and he often refuses!
- Store bought frostings contain dye!
- Marshmallows and many white foods contain blue dye!
- Read labels! Dye is added to so many everyday items that you would not expect.
Good Luck! Feel free to share items you have found and ask any questions about our journey!