Monday, May 04, 2009

More Kindergarten Drama

The new school's recommendation for Josh????

Young Fives

Hmmm

We knew that by the schools age policy he qualified but...

Apparently, at the screening today, he excelled at all the academic sections but in the sections that tested maturity....

not so much!

They actually have some really valid points and we are definitely going to have to think about what we think is best for him.

>>>AND, they may not even have a spot in the young 5's for him...so....

WHO KNOWS! More waiting!

(SHHH...don't tell...but my secret first thought? that would mean 2 years of half day K. Two year of me having him with ME for half a day! Selfish? Yep! He is my baby and I do not think I am ready for K yet...ya know?)

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Not selfish at all! The time goes WAY too quickly and he is your baby! My sister's youngest boy was ready academically and by age to go to kindergarten. She and my brother-in-law decided to do young 5's for a year for some maturity. Things worked out great! He's just completing his first year at University of Buffalo where he received a full ride academic scholorship, and is in the honors program. His majors will let him literally be a rocket scientist! So.....you never know. There's no doubt that Joshua is VERY smart and could handle things great, whatever you guys decide. He is fortunate to have such wonderful parents!

Shannon said...

Thanks Jo! Time will tell...

My frustration at this point is that they are recommending it but may not have a place there for him. I am just NOT patient.

Lara said...

My son will be a young 5 and we will be waiting to start school. I wish our school had a young 5's class but they don't. I wish too.

Shannon said...

Lara,
It does seem to be a good program. We are fortunate to have the choice. We are still waiting to see if they have a spot for him. Not sure what we will do if they don't. Thanks for the comment, good luck in your Kindergarten journey!