So anyway...I am going to just dump a bunch of links and ideas into this post. Check them out if you want! And please...if you find something or have something great, SHARE!
- Montessori Botany and Anatomy Puzzles
- Wildflower 3-part cards
- Insect cards and study
- leaf cards
- Teeny tiny garden...possibly planting potatoes
- Tons of Nature books (to be determined...)
- 2-liter terrarium
- Senses Nature walk http://heartsandtrees.blogspot.com/
- Nature art???
- Tree rubbings
- grass painting... as in painting with grass
- Utilize our "Your Big Backyard" subscription, not sure how yet.
- http://www.hhmi.org/coolscience/ check out plant parts section, etc...
- Plant lifecycles http://www.crickweb.co.uk/assets/resources/flash.php?&file=lcycles5b
- Silhouette matching http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/community/MyCommunityActivity.aspx?ActivityId=275937&es=42342LIAME&
- http://www.enature.com/home/ might have something useful!
- more leaf/tree info http://www.schoolsliaison.org.uk/woodgate/leaves/leaves01.html
- and more http://www.csdl.tamu.edu/FLORA/201Manhart/veg/leaf.shapes/leafshapes.html
- http://www.fi.edu/tfi/units/life/ Living Things site
- http://www.mbgnet.net/ Biomes
- http://www.sciencewithme.com/index.php Click on links, many worksheets??
- http://www.nwf.org/kidzone/kzPage.cfm?siteId=1&departmentId=161&articleId=387 Color pages for preschoolers!
- Cool ideas! http://www.macbethsopinion.com/backyard_nature.htm
- Craft/Art idea http://www.geocities.com/kraftproject/Instructional/botanicalbookmarks.html
- http://kidscraftweekly.com/outdoors_issue.html Fun, age appropriate ideas!
- http://kidscraftweekly.com/leaves_issue.html Same as above but leaves!
- http://pinewoodcastle.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/11/pressed-flower-.html We have a flower press still in the box!
- http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/kindergarden/Child/school/sgintro.htm Might help with the "scary to me" garden!
- https://www.littlecitykids.com/lessonplans/index.php?category_id=3033 Save the Earth lesson plans but might have good ideas!
Oh man! That is a lot! I am also waiting for 3 books from Interlibrary loan.
Well at least I have time. I plan to post my actual plans when I have made some decisions. I think I will make up several trays and then plan one cool activity everyday. Put nice extras in a folder for easy grabbing and just follow the child!