Monday, March 23, 2009

Montessori Monday

So you may have noticed that our life is changing in several ways. My husband has started a new job which means quite a bit more of a drive for him. We are also working on some longer term planning, as in getting ready to get ready to move! And, the biggest, Josh will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall. So we will no longer be a homeschooling family.

Josh will only be attending K 1/2 days so I still plan to afterschool him. Let's face it, the Kindergarten curriculum is no where comparable to what you would find in a Montessori Preschool! So I plan to work on Geography, Science, maths, and continue with reading practice. For example, Josh is working on addition and subtraction currently but in K they will have to start on simple counting and number recognition.

Okay, so what does this actually have to do with Montessori Monday? Well, I am feeling to restricted by the label and am discontinuing it. I still plan to post our activities and they will most likely often be Montessori or Montessori inspired but I want to feel able to share other cool stuff too!

I am really looking forward to all that our future holds! Hope you all will enjoy what we have to share!

2 comments:

Becky said...

That's funny because I was thinking of doing the same with Montessori Monday.

Shannon said...

I just wish I could come up with a catchy name...

I am not feeling Mommy school Monday!